We reserve the right at any time, with or without cause, to:
- change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- change the Website, including eliminating or discontinuing any Information or Services or other feature of the Website
The services made available on, by or through the Website, which include or may include, without limitation, Designpedia registration, marketplace for third-party products and services, message boards and involvement in Designpedia events (collectively, the “Services”), as well as any information provided on, by or through the Website or as part of or in connection with the Services or otherwise, including but not limited to data, text, graphics, designs, logos, images, audio/visual materials, links and references (collectively, the “Information”), are provided for personal use only and not for any for-profit or commercial activities or purpose or for resale, except as expressly permitted herein. Without the written consent of Designpedia, no Information or any other Designpedia materials or property may be copied, reproduced, displayed, republished, downloaded, posted, digitized, translated, modified, transmitted, distributed or commercially exploited in any way, except as expressly permitted herein.
Designpedia permits you to view and print a reasonable number of copies of web pages located on the Website for your own personal use, but not for any for-profit or commercial purpose or for resale; provided that (a) you retain all trademark, copyright, and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials, (b) you provide attribution to Designpedia, (c) the material is printed in its entirety without modification, reformatting or adaptation of any kind, and (d) any such copies are subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and remain the property of Designpedia. You understand and agree that you may not authorize any Information to be reproduced, modified, displayed, performed, transferred, distributed or otherwise used by any third party, and you agree that you will take all reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorized reproduction and/or other use of the Information. You agree to advise Designpedia promptly of any such unauthorized use of which you are aware. Failure to abide by these conditions will immediately terminate this permission and may result in the infringement of the copyrights and/or trademarks and other proprietary rights of Designpedia or others.
Home professionals may elect to register with Designpedia as a professional and create a professional profile on Designpedia. Subject to and conditioned on compliance with all of the terms of this Agreement, such users are permitted to use the professional account/profile features offered by Designpedia to promote their business. All such Designpedia professional features are subject to discontinuance or change at any time. All of the terms and conditions of this Agreement apply to your use of any such professional account and profile, including without limitation, maintaining profile information, uploading or other posting of Content, posting of Reviews and indemnification obligations.
As part of your use of the Website, you may participate in certain , message boards, member communications and/or other public forums. Your participation is voluntary; however, by choosing to post photos or comments, send any messages, submit any ideas or feedback, or otherwise participate in any Designpedia forum, you acknowledge and agree that any postings, messages, text, photos, audio/visual works, information, suggestions, feedback, reviews or content provided by you (collectively, “Content”) may be viewed by the general public and will not be treated as private, proprietary or confidential, and you authorize us and our affiliates, licensees and sublicensees, without compensation to you or others, to copy, adapt, create derivative works of, reproduce, incorporate, distribute, publicly display or otherwise use or exploit such Content throughout the world in any format or media (whether now known or hereafter created) for the duration of any copyright or other rights in such Content, and such permission shall be perpetual and may not be revoked for any reason. Further, to the extent permitted under applicable law, you waive and release and covenant not to assert any moral rights that you may have in any Content posted or provided by you.
By posting or providing any Content on the Website, you represent and warrant to Designpedia that you own or have the right to use and permit us to use and license such Content in the manner stated in this Agreement. By way of example and not limitation, if you post or otherwise provide a photograph which includes an image of any person, you need to first obtain permission or a release from such person appearing in the photograph to use their image and permit us to use and license it as stated in this Agreement and you must be the owner or licensee of the copyright in the photograph, with the right to permit us to use it as stated in this Agreement. By way of further example and not limitation, if you post or otherwise provide a photograph of a pictorial, graphic, sculptural or architectural work that is protected by copyright, you need to first obtain permission or a release from the owner of the copyright in such work to reproduce and adapt their work and permit us to use it as stated in this Agreement and you must be the owner or licensee of the copyright in the photograph, with the right to permit us to use it as stated in this Agreement.
Designpedia may enable you to post ratings or reviews of vendors, service providers and/or their products or services on the Website (your “Reviews”). Reviews are considered Content. You may not post any reviews about a vendor, service provider or any of their products or services if you are (a) an employee, contractor, officer or director of the vendor and/or service provider; (b) an employee, contractor, officer or director of a competitor of the vendor and/or service provider; or (c) related to the vendor and/or service provider in any way, including blood, adoption or by marriage. By posting a Review, you acknowledge and agree that such Content:
- is based upon your first-hand experience with the vendor, service provider or product or service that is the subject of the Review;
- is accurate, truthful and complete.
You agree not to post or provide any Content that belongs to any person other than yourself or that contains the name, voice or likeness of any person other than yourself unless you first obtain permission to do so, and to grant to us the rights granted in this agreement, from that person. If you identify yourself by name or provide a picture or audio or video recording of yourself, you further authorize us and our affiliates, licensees and sublicensees, without compensation to you or others, to reproduce, print, publish and disseminate in any format or media (whether now know or hereafter created) your name, voice and likeness throughout the world, and such permission shall be perpetual and cannot be revoked for any reason.
You further agree that we may use the posted or provided Content in any manner that we deem appropriate or necessary. We reserve the right to edit or abridge any Content for any reason, and to edit, refuse to post or remove any Content submitted by you or others. We cannot and do not guarantee that we will post all Content submitted or that such content will not be offensive, defamatory or objectionable. Although we reserve the right to remove without notice any Content for any reason, we have no obligation to delete Content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We do not control in real time the Content posted via the Services and as such do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. In addition to other disclaimers found in this Agreement, we do not endorse or make any warranties or representations with respect to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any Content posted on the Website.
You may be provided the opportunity to purchase products and services offered and sold by third parties (“Products”) through the Services. The information provided for any Product listing is provided by Designpedia’s third-party vendors, and, while we require vendors to provide complete, accurate and non- misleading Product information, we do not represent, warrant or guarantee that such Product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free, and we are not responsible for, and disclaim any liability arising from or relating to, such Product listing information. All purchases of Products made by you through the Services are a direct sale and purchase between you and the applicable vendor. Designpedia is not a party to such transaction, and only facilitates the transaction between you and the vendor by providing a marketplace for the marketing, offering and sale of Products. Payments for Products transacted through the Service will be remitted to the vendor, and the vendor will be solely responsible for fulfilling and shipping your order, providing related customer support and warranty service and processing returns and exchanges. The Services will facilitate your communication with the vendor for the purpose of making return, exchange or warranty requests or making claims for non-delivery, damaged goods or items not as described in accordance with any applicable terms or policies in the Product listing. In addition, the Services may alert you to any Product issues or recalls of which the vendor notifies Designpedia. Designpedia does not provide any warranty on any of the Products, whether express or implied, and does not assume, and hereby disclaims, any responsibility or liability for the actions or inactions of the third-party vendors of such Products, or for the Products offered, sold or provided by, any third party through the Service.
Descriptions or images of, or references to, third-party Products or publications on the Website do not imply our endorsement of such Products and publications, and we are not responsible for, and disclaim any endorsement of, any such Product or publication.
Reviews are solely the opinions of the users that post them and none of the Reviews contain or reflect any opinions or views of Designpedia.
You agree not to use the Information, Services or the Website to take any action or actions that:
- are contrary to Designpedia’s public image, goodwill or reputation;
- infringe on our or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- express or imply that any of your statements, activities or causes are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent in each instance;
- violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or encourage any conduct that could constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- are libelous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, invasive of privacy, abusive, tortious, hateful, discriminatory, pornographic or obscene;
- transmit any trade secret or other material, non-public information about any person, company or entity without the authorization to do so;
- restrict or inhibit any other visitor from using the Website, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Website;
- modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any portion of the Website or Information;
- remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Information, Website, or Services;
- sublicense, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, or convey any rights under this Agreement to any third party, or otherwise commercially exploit or profit from the Information or content of the Website, or any portion thereof, in any manner whatsoever, except as expressly permitted herein;
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Website without our prior written authorization;
- distribute any virus, worm or other similar or deleterious files, scripts or programming routines;
- interfere with or disrupt any services or equipment with the intent of causing an excessive or disproportionate load on the infrastructure of Designpedia or its licensors or suppliers;
- involve the preparation or distribution of junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other deceptive or unsolicited bulk or commercial email, or violate in any way the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM Act of 2003);
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” the Website or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or its contents, authentication and security measures;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any submission;
- execute any form of network monitoring or run a network analyzer or packet sniffer or other technology to intercept, decode, mine or display any packets used to communicate between the Website’s servers or any data not intended for you; and/or
- harvest or collect information about any Website visitors or members without their express consent.
Improper use of the Information, Services and Website may result in termination of your access to and use of the Website, and/or civil or criminal liabilities.
The Website is owned and operated by Designpedia and its licensors, and the Information and Services (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) are and will remain the property of Designpedia and its licensors and suppliers. The Information and Services are protected by Singapore and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. Except as set forth in this Agreement, you may not copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, sub-license, sell, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of the Website or any Service or Information without our prior written permission. The Information, Website, and Services may be used solely (a) to the extent permitted in this Agreement or (b) as expressly authorized in writing by Designpedia or, if so indicated in writing by Designpedia, its licensors or suppliers. Use of the Website or any Services or Information for any other purpose is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Website or any Services or Information.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Website (collectively, the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Designpedia, Designpedia licensors and suppliers, and/or others. Designpedia® is a registered trademark of Designpedia Ltd. Nothing contained in this Agreement or the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark(s) without the express written permission of Designpedia, Designpedia licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of any such Trademark, except as set forth in the following paragraph.